Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks launch 'Hot Stove Show' on Arizona Sports 620
"As our fans get excited about the 2013 season, we want there to be an outlet on the radio where they can get all their news and information about the team and hear from some of the biggest names in the game," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks). "We are proud to partner with Arizona Sports 620 on this program and hope that our fans will tune in each week."
During the first "D-backs Hot Stove" show (#DbacksHotStove), listeners will hear from D-backs' General Manager Kevin Towers and Manager Kirk Gibson direct from Nashville, Tennessee, where Major League Baseball's Annual Winter Meetings will be taking place.
Each week, fans will be caught up on the news from around the game of baseball and how each move will affect the D-backs. Guests will include D-backs players, coaches, executives and local and national media members that cover the team and the game of baseball.
During the first week, Munn will co-host with Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns and in subsequent shows, Schulte and Munn will be on the air each week with the exception of Dec. 24 and 31, when the "D-backs Hot Stove" show will take a break for the holidays.
Schulte will be starting his 16th season with the D-backs in 2013, as he joined the club upon its inception in 1998 and has been behind the mic for every memorable moment in franchise history. Munn has been a member of the D-backs broadcast team for the past 12 seasons and handles pre- and postgame duties as well as serving as the secondary radio play-by-play announcer.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.