Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks launch 'Hot Stove Show' on Arizona Sports 620
"As our fans get excited about the 2013 season, we want there to be an outlet on the radio where they can get all their news and information about the team and hear from some of the biggest names in the game," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks). "We are proud to partner with Arizona Sports 620 on this program and hope that our fans will tune in each week."
During the first "D-backs Hot Stove" show (#DbacksHotStove), listeners will hear from D-backs' General Manager Kevin Towers and Manager Kirk Gibson direct from Nashville, Tennessee, where Major League Baseball's Annual Winter Meetings will be taking place.
Each week, fans will be caught up on the news from around the game of baseball and how each move will affect the D-backs. Guests will include D-backs players, coaches, executives and local and national media members that cover the team and the game of baseball.
During the first week, Munn will co-host with Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns and in subsequent shows, Schulte and Munn will be on the air each week with the exception of Dec. 24 and 31, when the "D-backs Hot Stove" show will take a break for the holidays.
Schulte will be starting his 16th season with the D-backs in 2013, as he joined the club upon its inception in 1998 and has been behind the mic for every memorable moment in franchise history. Munn has been a member of the D-backs broadcast team for the past 12 seasons and handles pre- and postgame duties as well as serving as the secondary radio play-by-play announcer.
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.