Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks launch 'Hot Stove Show' on Arizona Sports 620
"As our fans get excited about the 2013 season, we want there to be an outlet on the radio where they can get all their news and information about the team and hear from some of the biggest names in the game," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks). "We are proud to partner with Arizona Sports 620 on this program and hope that our fans will tune in each week."
During the first "D-backs Hot Stove" show (#DbacksHotStove), listeners will hear from D-backs' General Manager Kevin Towers and Manager Kirk Gibson direct from Nashville, Tennessee, where Major League Baseball's Annual Winter Meetings will be taking place.
Each week, fans will be caught up on the news from around the game of baseball and how each move will affect the D-backs. Guests will include D-backs players, coaches, executives and local and national media members that cover the team and the game of baseball.
During the first week, Munn will co-host with Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns and in subsequent shows, Schulte and Munn will be on the air each week with the exception of Dec. 24 and 31, when the "D-backs Hot Stove" show will take a break for the holidays.
Schulte will be starting his 16th season with the D-backs in 2013, as he joined the club upon its inception in 1998 and has been behind the mic for every memorable moment in franchise history. Munn has been a member of the D-backs broadcast team for the past 12 seasons and handles pre- and postgame duties as well as serving as the secondary radio play-by-play announcer.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.