Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks launch 'Hot Stove Show' on Arizona Sports 620
"As our fans get excited about the 2013 season, we want there to be an outlet on the radio where they can get all their news and information about the team and hear from some of the biggest names in the game," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks). "We are proud to partner with Arizona Sports 620 on this program and hope that our fans will tune in each week."
During the first "D-backs Hot Stove" show (#DbacksHotStove), listeners will hear from D-backs' General Manager Kevin Towers and Manager Kirk Gibson direct from Nashville, Tennessee, where Major League Baseball's Annual Winter Meetings will be taking place.
Each week, fans will be caught up on the news from around the game of baseball and how each move will affect the D-backs. Guests will include D-backs players, coaches, executives and local and national media members that cover the team and the game of baseball.
During the first week, Munn will co-host with Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns and in subsequent shows, Schulte and Munn will be on the air each week with the exception of Dec. 24 and 31, when the "D-backs Hot Stove" show will take a break for the holidays.
Schulte will be starting his 16th season with the D-backs in 2013, as he joined the club upon its inception in 1998 and has been behind the mic for every memorable moment in franchise history. Munn has been a member of the D-backs broadcast team for the past 12 seasons and handles pre- and postgame duties as well as serving as the secondary radio play-by-play announcer.
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: D-backs set sights on acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.