Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 3:38 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks launch 'Hot Stove Show' on Arizona Sports 620
"As our fans get excited about the 2013 season, we want there to be an outlet on the radio where they can get all their news and information about the team and hear from some of the biggest names in the game," said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall (@DHallDbacks). "We are proud to partner with Arizona Sports 620 on this program and hope that our fans will tune in each week."
During the first "D-backs Hot Stove" show (#DbacksHotStove), listeners will hear from D-backs' General Manager Kevin Towers and Manager Kirk Gibson direct from Nashville, Tennessee, where Major League Baseball's Annual Winter Meetings will be taking place.
Each week, fans will be caught up on the news from around the game of baseball and how each move will affect the D-backs. Guests will include D-backs players, coaches, executives and local and national media members that cover the team and the game of baseball.
During the first week, Munn will co-host with Arizona Sports 620's Dave Burns and in subsequent shows, Schulte and Munn will be on the air each week with the exception of Dec. 24 and 31, when the "D-backs Hot Stove" show will take a break for the holidays.
Schulte will be starting his 16th season with the D-backs in 2013, as he joined the club upon its inception in 1998 and has been behind the mic for every memorable moment in franchise history. Munn has been a member of the D-backs broadcast team for the past 12 seasons and handles pre- and postgame duties as well as serving as the secondary radio play-by-play announcer.
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.