Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 1:30 pm
Justin Upton to Atlanta Braves? It's been discussed
One of the teams rumored to be interested in the young D-back's services is the Atlanta Braves. You know, the same Braves team that just inked Justin's brother B.J. to a big contract.
So, could there be a brotherly reunion in Hotlanta?
The two have discussed it, apparently.
According to Braves beat writer for MLB.com Mark Bowman, the brothers Upton have thought about sharing the same outfield.
"B.J. Upton said he and his brother Justin Upton have had a few conversations about possibility of playing together in Atlanta."
And, as David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution tweeted out, there brothers would like to make it happen.
#Braves B.J.Upton & brother Justin have strong desire to play together and hope it happens when Justin is free agent in 3yrs, if not sooner.— David O'Brien (@ajcbraves) November 29, 2012
The D-backs are rumored to be seeking, at the very least, a young shortstop in return for Upton, and the Braves have one in Andrelton Simmons.
Atlanta was not willing to part with the 23-year-old when his name was brought up a month ago, but it's fair to wonder if that stance will change with the team's latest acquisition.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.