Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Report: D-backs interested in Jhonny Peralta
According to Danny Knobler, who is a senior baseball writer for CBSSports.com, the team has spoken to the Detroit Tigers about Jhonny Peralta.
Diamondbacks have shown interest in Jhonny Peralta. But Tigers won't trade him unless/until they get someone better at shortstop.— DKnobler (@DKnobler) November 20, 2012
Peralta, 30, hit .239 with 13 home runs and 63 RBI last season. He scored 58 runs and stole one base.
Those numbers are not particularly great, though he hit .299 with 21 home runs and 86 RBI the season before.
The veteran is slated to make $6 million next season after the Tigers exercised an option in his contract, and is regarded as a solid-but-not-spectacular defender.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.