Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 5:38 pm
Report: D-backs interested in Jhonny Peralta
According to Danny Knobler, who is a senior baseball writer for CBSSports.com, the team has spoken to the Detroit Tigers about Jhonny Peralta.
Diamondbacks have shown interest in Jhonny Peralta. But Tigers won't trade him unless/until they get someone better at shortstop.— DKnobler (@DKnobler) November 20, 2012
Peralta, 30, hit .239 with 13 home runs and 63 RBI last season. He scored 58 runs and stole one base.
Those numbers are not particularly great, though he hit .299 with 21 home runs and 86 RBI the season before.
The veteran is slated to make $6 million next season after the Tigers exercised an option in his contract, and is regarded as a solid-but-not-spectacular defender.
- Report: D-backs bring back 3B Eric Chavez for 2014 season
- D-backs GM: Archie Bradley has chance to be 'special in a hurry'
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks have not signed reliever Jose Valverde to minor-league deal
- Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: 'There will be competition' for closer spot
- Report: RHP Addison Reed could be flipped for future trade
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.