Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:01 pm
D-backs acquire LHP Matt Reynolds from Colorado
The 28-year-old Reynolds pitched in 71 games for the Rockies in 2012, posting a 3-1 record and 4.40 ERA in 57.1 innings. He struck out 51 and walked 17. Reynolds has appeared in 144 games over the last two years, the third-most in baseball among lefties.
"We are excited to add a versatile and experienced left-handed reliever to the bullpen," Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers said in a statement. "He's very familiar with our division and has been a workhorse for the last couple seasons, so we expect he can continue to do that for us."
Wheeler, 24, broke into the big leagues in 2012, appearing in 50 games for the Diamondbacks, hitting .239 with one home run and driving in 10 runs. Wheeler excelled at Triple-A Reno before his call-up, hitting .351 with 15 homers and 90 RBI.
- Mark Grace named D-backs minor league hitting coach
- Luis Gonzalez: Mark Trumbo a Christmas gift for Paul Goldschmidt
- Diamondbacks extend relief pitcher Brad Ziegler
- D-backs pitcher Brandon McCarthy: Protective headgear will be available in 2014
- The Pulse: 'Let's wait and see' on Addison Reed-Matt Davidson trade
- Luis Gonzalez, D-backs World Series Legend - Friday December 20Gonzo discusses the Trumbo trade and what it means for the D-backs.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?