Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:01 pm
D-backs acquire LHP Matt Reynolds from Colorado
The 28-year-old Reynolds pitched in 71 games for the Rockies in 2012, posting a 3-1 record and 4.40 ERA in 57.1 innings. He struck out 51 and walked 17. Reynolds has appeared in 144 games over the last two years, the third-most in baseball among lefties.
"We are excited to add a versatile and experienced left-handed reliever to the bullpen," Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers said in a statement. "He's very familiar with our division and has been a workhorse for the last couple seasons, so we expect he can continue to do that for us."
Wheeler, 24, broke into the big leagues in 2012, appearing in 50 games for the Diamondbacks, hitting .239 with one home run and driving in 10 runs. Wheeler excelled at Triple-A Reno before his call-up, hitting .351 with 15 homers and 90 RBI.
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.