Updated Nov 20, 2012 - 4:01 pm
D-backs acquire LHP Matt Reynolds from Colorado
The 28-year-old Reynolds pitched in 71 games for the Rockies in 2012, posting a 3-1 record and 4.40 ERA in 57.1 innings. He struck out 51 and walked 17. Reynolds has appeared in 144 games over the last two years, the third-most in baseball among lefties.
"We are excited to add a versatile and experienced left-handed reliever to the bullpen," Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers said in a statement. "He's very familiar with our division and has been a workhorse for the last couple seasons, so we expect he can continue to do that for us."
Wheeler, 24, broke into the big leagues in 2012, appearing in 50 games for the Diamondbacks, hitting .239 with one home run and driving in 10 runs. Wheeler excelled at Triple-A Reno before his call-up, hitting .351 with 15 homers and 90 RBI.
- The Yoke of Leadership
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?