D-backs acquire LHP Matt Reynolds from Colorado
The 28-year-old Reynolds pitched in 71 games for the Rockies in 2012, posting a 3-1 record and 4.40 ERA in 57.1 innings. He struck out 51 and walked 17. Reynolds has appeared in 144 games over the last two years, the third-most in baseball among lefties.
"We are excited to add a versatile and experienced left-handed reliever to the bullpen," Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers said in a statement. "He's very familiar with our division and has been a workhorse for the last couple seasons, so we expect he can continue to do that for us."
Wheeler, 24, broke into the big leagues in 2012, appearing in 50 games for the Diamondbacks, hitting .239 with one home run and driving in 10 runs. Wheeler excelled at Triple-A Reno before his call-up, hitting .351 with 15 homers and 90 RBI.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series