Updated Nov 16, 2012 - 12:12 pm
Olney: Marlins talked with D-backs about Reyes
Before the megatrade was made, the Marlins talked with the D-Backs about shortstop Jose Reyes as they assessed the market.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 15, 2012
With so many young prospects in their farm system and a desperate need for a shortstop, the pieces were certainly in place for the D-backs to make a move for the Reyes.
Arizona would most likely have had to include a top prospect or two in any deal with the Marlins. One of the options could have been Trevor Bauer, which may not have been a problem since numerous reports are stating the D-backs are looking to move the young hurler.
For whatever reason the trade didn't happen, leaving the D-backs with newly acquired shortstop Cliff Pennington to go along with John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist at the position.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.