Olney: Marlins talked with D-backs about Reyes
Before the megatrade was made, the Marlins talked with the D-Backs about shortstop Jose Reyes as they assessed the market.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 15, 2012
With so many young prospects in their farm system and a desperate need for a shortstop, the pieces were certainly in place for the D-backs to make a move for the Reyes.
Arizona would most likely have had to include a top prospect or two in any deal with the Marlins. One of the options could have been Trevor Bauer, which may not have been a problem since numerous reports are stating the D-backs are looking to move the young hurler.
For whatever reason the trade didn't happen, leaving the D-backs with newly acquired shortstop Cliff Pennington to go along with John McDonald and Willie Bloomquist at the position.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.