Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 4:51 pm
D-backs Hill and Montero garner MVP votes
Hill, who just completed his first full year with Arizona, received a seventh place vote and two tenth place votes. Zachary Levine, a writer for the Houston Chronicle, gave Hill the seventh place nod, while Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic and Troy Renck of the Denver Post voted him tenth.
Hill hit .302 with 26 homers and 85 runs batted in this season for Arizona. The eight-year veteran also hit for the cycle twice in an 11-day span in June, becoming the first player to hit for the cycle twice in one year since Babe Herman of the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1931.
Montero, who hit .286 with 15 homers and 88 RBI, received a tenth place vote from Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey won the award, garnering 27 out of 32 first place votes. Ryan Braun of Milwaukee finished second, while Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen finished third.
Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average and had 24 homers and 103 runs batted in for the World Series Champion Giants. He also became the first catcher to win the National League award since Johnny Bench of the Cincinnati Reds in 1972.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.