Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 4:51 pm
D-backs Hill and Montero garner MVP votes
Hill, who just completed his first full year with Arizona, received a seventh place vote and two tenth place votes. Zachary Levine, a writer for the Houston Chronicle, gave Hill the seventh place nod, while Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic and Troy Renck of the Denver Post voted him tenth.
Hill hit .302 with 26 homers and 85 runs batted in this season for Arizona. The eight-year veteran also hit for the cycle twice in an 11-day span in June, becoming the first player to hit for the cycle twice in one year since Babe Herman of the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1931.
Montero, who hit .286 with 15 homers and 88 RBI, received a tenth place vote from Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey won the award, garnering 27 out of 32 first place votes. Ryan Braun of Milwaukee finished second, while Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen finished third.
Posey led the National League with a .336 batting average and had 24 homers and 103 runs batted in for the World Series Champion Giants. He also became the first catcher to win the National League award since Johnny Bench of the Cincinnati Reds in 1972.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?