Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 7:44 pm
Diamondbacks, others react to Bryce Harper over Wade Miley
Bryce Harper hit .270 for the Washington Nationals, smacking 22 home runs and tallying 59 RBI, a number that was good enough for 56th in the N.L.
So naturally Harper deserved the National League Rookie of the Year Award, right?
Well, the award was given to Harper Monday, much to the dismay of players and media alike.
Here is a sampling of what they had to say:
Now we know that it's officially a popularity contest... "@jonmorosi: Bryce Harper is the NL Rookie of the Year over Wade Miley."— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 12, 2012
I'm glad reporters' ballots are public knowledge now. Hopefully they will take away future voting rights for ones who submit awful ballots.— Brad Ziegler (@bradziegler) November 13, 2012
Unreal... #robbed— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 12, 2012
Bryce had a really good season guys, he really did. I just feel like one month shouldn't win or lose you an award. Wade should have won, IMO— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 13, 2012
Bill Center of San Diego Union Tribune left Miley off ballot...was only person who had Padre Yonder Alonso on the ballot. #Homer— Vince Marotta (@Vincemarotta) November 12, 2012
Congrats to @wademiley36 on an amazing season. Certainly think he deserved to win but congrats to Harper. Wade is ROY in our hearts.— Josh Rawitch (@joshrawitch) November 12, 2012
Bryce Harper totally deserved the Rookie of the Year Award over Wade Miley, especially if you don't care about stats. #Dbacks— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) November 12, 2012
Yonder Alonso over Wade MIley is pretty awful.— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) November 13, 2012
Judging from all the #dbacks Tweets, Wade Miley's teammates certainly have his back.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) November 13, 2012
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.