Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 4:57 pm
Arizona Diamondback Wade Miley comes in second behind Harper in Rookie of the Year voting
Harper finished with 112 points, while Miley earned 105.
Miley, who led the D-backs with 16 wins and a 3.33 ERA, struck out 144 batters in 194.2 innings of work.
The 20-year-old Harper hit .270 with 22 home runs and 59 RBI for the first-place Nationals. He also stole 18 bases.
The left-hander made the team out of spring training but did not join the starting rotation until April 23, where he shutout the Phillies on two hits over six innings of work.
Miley was also the team's representative in the All-Star Game in Kansas City.
- In second year with D-backs, Martin Prado finally feeling 'comfortable and settled'
- No clear lineup materializing for 2014 Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill 'unable to execute' against Oakland
- D-backs president Hall: Mark Trumbo is 'everything as advertised'
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Patrick Corbin where he needs to be moving towards season opener
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.