Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 12:22 pm
Could Justin Upton be a fit in Tampa Bay?
Get use to it D-backs fans, it's going to be a long winter in Arizona.
Saturday, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal was at it again, speculating that the two-time All Star could wind up in Tampa Bay -- a place his brother B.J. has called home since 2004.
While B.J. Upton looks headed for free agency, Rosenthal thinks the Rays could offer a substantial package for his younger brother, Justin.
The Rays could satisfy the Diamondbacks' desire to add a top-of-the-rotation starter by offering right-hander James Shields or right-hander Jeremy Hellickson. They also could fill the D-backs' need for a shortstop by offering a top prospect, Hak-Ju Lee.
Although general manager Kevin Towers has said throughout the week that the team is only listening to potential offers, as other organizations look to sweeten the pot, the question remains how long will it take the Diamondbacks' front office to make a decision on the future of their star right fielder?
Upton is coming off an underwhelming season, at least by his standards. The 25-year-old batted .280, with 17 home runs, 67 RBI and a slugging percentage of .430 -- 80th-best among qualified hitters.
- D-backs pitcher Brandon McCarthy: Protective headgear will be available in 2014
- The Pulse: 'Let's wait and see' on Addison Reed-Matt Davidson trade
- Report: D-backs bring back 3B Eric Chavez for 2014 season
- D-backs GM: Archie Bradley has chance to be 'special in a hurry'
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks have not signed reliever Jose Valverde to minor-league deal
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs Pitcher - Wednesday December 18D-backs trying to win now, Ziggy talks about what that means for the clubhouse.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.