Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 12:22 pm
Could Justin Upton be a fit in Tampa Bay?
Get use to it D-backs fans, it's going to be a long winter in Arizona.
Saturday, FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal was at it again, speculating that the two-time All Star could wind up in Tampa Bay -- a place his brother B.J. has called home since 2004.
While B.J. Upton looks headed for free agency, Rosenthal thinks the Rays could offer a substantial package for his younger brother, Justin.
The Rays could satisfy the Diamondbacks' desire to add a top-of-the-rotation starter by offering right-hander James Shields or right-hander Jeremy Hellickson. They also could fill the D-backs' need for a shortstop by offering a top prospect, Hak-Ju Lee.
Although general manager Kevin Towers has said throughout the week that the team is only listening to potential offers, as other organizations look to sweeten the pot, the question remains how long will it take the Diamondbacks' front office to make a decision on the future of their star right fielder?
Upton is coming off an underwhelming season, at least by his standards. The 25-year-old batted .280, with 17 home runs, 67 RBI and a slugging percentage of .430 -- 80th-best among qualified hitters.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.