Updated Nov 7, 2012 - 4:57 pm
Wade Miley named NL Rookie of the Year finalist
But when Miley got the opportunity to join the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation early in the year, the 25-year-old rookie made the most of it. Miley led the Diamondbacks with 16 wins and his 3.33 ERA was tenth in the National League.
In July, Miley represented the Diamondbacks in the annual All-Star Game in Kansas City, and Wednesday he was named as one of three finalists for the National League Rookie of the Year Award, which will be announced November 12.
Joining Miley as finalists are Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper and Cincinnati Reds third baseman Todd Frazier.
Miley is trying to become the first player in franchise history to win the award. Former D-back right-hander Brandon Webb had the highest overall finish in the rookie of the year balloting when he finished third in 2003 behind Dontrelle Willis of Florida and Scott Podsednik of Milwaukee.
Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter finished fifth in the 2011 voting.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.