Wade Miley named NL Rookie of the Year finalist
But when Miley got the opportunity to join the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation early in the year, the 25-year-old rookie made the most of it. Miley led the Diamondbacks with 16 wins and his 3.33 ERA was tenth in the National League.
In July, Miley represented the Diamondbacks in the annual All-Star Game in Kansas City, and Wednesday he was named as one of three finalists for the National League Rookie of the Year Award, which will be announced November 12.
Joining Miley as finalists are Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper and Cincinnati Reds third baseman Todd Frazier.
Miley is trying to become the first player in franchise history to win the award. Former D-back right-hander Brandon Webb had the highest overall finish in the rookie of the year balloting when he finished third in 2003 behind Dontrelle Willis of Florida and Scott Podsednik of Milwaukee.
Arizona right-hander Josh Collmenter finished fifth in the 2011 voting.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.