Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 6:22 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks sign pitcher Eddie Bonine
Rosenthal tweeted out the news Tuesday:
RHP Eddie Bonine signs minor-league deal with #Dbacks. Coming off Tommy John.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 7, 2012
Bonine, 31, was originally selected by the San Diego Padres in the 23rd round of the 2003 MLB amateur draft. He last pitched in the big leagues in 2010, when he was with Detroit.
He has a career record of 7-3 with a 4.74 ERA. He struck out 54 batters in 129 innings of work.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.