Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 10:53 am
Diamondbacks decline options on Blanco, Lindstrom
The 41-year-old Blanco hit .188 with a homer and seven RBIs in 21 games as Miguel Montero's backup with the Diamondbacks last season. He signed with Arizona in 2011 and has played 14 seasons with eight teams. He receives a $250,000 buyout.
Lindstrom had a 2.53 ERA in 12 games with the Diamondbacks after arriving in a trade that sent Joe Saunders to Baltimore. The 32-year-old, who gets a $200,000 buyout, became expendable when the Diamondbacks exercised closer J.J. Putz's $6.5 million option last month and traded for right-handed reliever Heath Bell.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.