Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 2:40 pm
D-backs' Daniel Hudson already throwing baseball
Threw a baseball 40 times and worked back to 45 feet today and I feel great! So pumped up. Hard part is not to overdo it #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 29, 2012
Earlier this month, D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson told the media that he didn't expect Hudson back on the mound until August of 2013 at the earliest -- a notion that Hudson scoffed at.
August my ass. Ill be back by the all star break at the latest #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 5, 2012
Hudson last pitched in a ball game June 26, when he yielded five earned runs in just 1.2 innings of work in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
In nine starts in 2012, Hudson went 3-2 with an ERA of 7.35. This followed a stellar 2011 campaign in which he won 16 games for the National League West champions.
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.