Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 2:40 pm
D-backs' Daniel Hudson already throwing baseball
Threw a baseball 40 times and worked back to 45 feet today and I feel great! So pumped up. Hard part is not to overdo it #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 29, 2012
Earlier this month, D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson told the media that he didn't expect Hudson back on the mound until August of 2013 at the earliest -- a notion that Hudson scoffed at.
August my ass. Ill be back by the all star break at the latest #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 5, 2012
Hudson last pitched in a ball game June 26, when he yielded five earned runs in just 1.2 innings of work in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
In nine starts in 2012, Hudson went 3-2 with an ERA of 7.35. This followed a stellar 2011 campaign in which he won 16 games for the National League West champions.
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.