Updated Oct 29, 2012 - 2:40 pm
D-backs' Daniel Hudson already throwing baseball
Threw a baseball 40 times and worked back to 45 feet today and I feel great! So pumped up. Hard part is not to overdo it #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 29, 2012
Earlier this month, D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson told the media that he didn't expect Hudson back on the mound until August of 2013 at the earliest -- a notion that Hudson scoffed at.
August my ass. Ill be back by the all star break at the latest #HardWorkPaysOff— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) October 5, 2012
Hudson last pitched in a ball game June 26, when he yielded five earned runs in just 1.2 innings of work in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
In nine starts in 2012, Hudson went 3-2 with an ERA of 7.35. This followed a stellar 2011 campaign in which he won 16 games for the National League West champions.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.