Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Derrick Hall comments on Mark Grace situation
D-backs President/CEO Derrick Hall joined Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday and commented on the arrest.
"Mark called me first thing this morning, and I give him a lot of credit and he of course said all the right things and feels absolutely horrible," Hall said. "It's a tough situation for the Diamondbacks, for him, and he asked for time so he could get his life in order and he get could get some help, and I'm glad that he did."
Luis Gonzalez, who currently serves as a special assistant in the Diamondbacks' front office, will step into Grace's role as the television color analyst for games Friday and Saturday.
With Grace having a history of DUI, and considering the fact that he was also driving without his mandatory interlock device, the penalties could be severe for the 48-year-old. Hall has not made any announcements on Grace's future with the organization.
"We have to wait to see what happens and let the legal process take place," Hall said. "I hope everything works out for Mark because this is a sad time for him, this is a dark time for him and the D-backs, and again, I give him all the credit in the world because he was a man about it.
"He called me first thing this morning. (It was a) tough conversation for him to have had with me and vice versa."
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?