Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Derrick Hall comments on Mark Grace situation
D-backs President/CEO Derrick Hall joined Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday and commented on the arrest.
"Mark called me first thing this morning, and I give him a lot of credit and he of course said all the right things and feels absolutely horrible," Hall said. "It's a tough situation for the Diamondbacks, for him, and he asked for time so he could get his life in order and he get could get some help, and I'm glad that he did."
Luis Gonzalez, who currently serves as a special assistant in the Diamondbacks' front office, will step into Grace's role as the television color analyst for games Friday and Saturday.
With Grace having a history of DUI, and considering the fact that he was also driving without his mandatory interlock device, the penalties could be severe for the 48-year-old. Hall has not made any announcements on Grace's future with the organization.
"We have to wait to see what happens and let the legal process take place," Hall said. "I hope everything works out for Mark because this is a sad time for him, this is a dark time for him and the D-backs, and again, I give him all the credit in the world because he was a man about it.
"He called me first thing this morning. (It was a) tough conversation for him to have had with me and vice versa."
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.