Derrick Hall comments on Mark Grace situation
D-backs President/CEO Derrick Hall joined Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday and commented on the arrest.
"Mark called me first thing this morning, and I give him a lot of credit and he of course said all the right things and feels absolutely horrible," Hall said. "It's a tough situation for the Diamondbacks, for him, and he asked for time so he could get his life in order and he get could get some help, and I'm glad that he did."
Luis Gonzalez, who currently serves as a special assistant in the Diamondbacks' front office, will step into Grace's role as the television color analyst for games Friday and Saturday.
With Grace having a history of DUI, and considering the fact that he was also driving without his mandatory interlock device, the penalties could be severe for the 48-year-old. Hall has not made any announcements on Grace's future with the organization.
"We have to wait to see what happens and let the legal process take place," Hall said. "I hope everything works out for Mark because this is a sad time for him, this is a dark time for him and the D-backs, and again, I give him all the credit in the world because he was a man about it.
"He called me first thing this morning. (It was a) tough conversation for him to have had with me and vice versa."
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer