Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Derrick Hall comments on Mark Grace situation
D-backs President/CEO Derrick Hall joined Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday and commented on the arrest.
"Mark called me first thing this morning, and I give him a lot of credit and he of course said all the right things and feels absolutely horrible," Hall said. "It's a tough situation for the Diamondbacks, for him, and he asked for time so he could get his life in order and he get could get some help, and I'm glad that he did."
Luis Gonzalez, who currently serves as a special assistant in the Diamondbacks' front office, will step into Grace's role as the television color analyst for games Friday and Saturday.
With Grace having a history of DUI, and considering the fact that he was also driving without his mandatory interlock device, the penalties could be severe for the 48-year-old. Hall has not made any announcements on Grace's future with the organization.
"We have to wait to see what happens and let the legal process take place," Hall said. "I hope everything works out for Mark because this is a sad time for him, this is a dark time for him and the D-backs, and again, I give him all the credit in the world because he was a man about it.
"He called me first thing this morning. (It was a) tough conversation for him to have had with me and vice versa."
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.