Updated Aug 24, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Derrick Hall comments on Mark Grace situation
D-backs President/CEO Derrick Hall joined Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday and commented on the arrest.
"Mark called me first thing this morning, and I give him a lot of credit and he of course said all the right things and feels absolutely horrible," Hall said. "It's a tough situation for the Diamondbacks, for him, and he asked for time so he could get his life in order and he get could get some help, and I'm glad that he did."
Luis Gonzalez, who currently serves as a special assistant in the Diamondbacks' front office, will step into Grace's role as the television color analyst for games Friday and Saturday.
With Grace having a history of DUI, and considering the fact that he was also driving without his mandatory interlock device, the penalties could be severe for the 48-year-old. Hall has not made any announcements on Grace's future with the organization.
"We have to wait to see what happens and let the legal process take place," Hall said. "I hope everything works out for Mark because this is a sad time for him, this is a dark time for him and the D-backs, and again, I give him all the credit in the world because he was a man about it.
"He called me first thing this morning. (It was a) tough conversation for him to have had with me and vice versa."
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.