Drew makes 2012 debut with Diamondbacks
Drew went 1-for-4 while batting second in the line-up. He reached base off of a single in the fourth inning, and with a bit of aggressive base running slid head first into to second base after a throwing error by right fielder Jason Heyward on the play. He advance to third on a Justin Upton ground out, but was unable to score in the inning.
In the field Drew look comfortable, but was involved in one mishap that was eventually ruled an error by pitcher Trevor Cahill. Cahill attempted to throw out Freddie Freeman, who was going to second on a groundball. The throw hit Drew's glove and was arguably a playable ball, but was well off the bag and rolled into shallow center field. Chipper Jones advanced from third on the play to score, and the Braves would end up scoring two more in that inning.
The Diamondbacks went on to lose the game 6-4.
Drew has been sidelined since last July after suffering a right ankle injury sliding into home against the Milwaukee Brewers. He played in 11 games in the minor leagues and batted .244 with two home runs and five runs batted in this season before being called up.
His three other at-bats Wednesday night were unsuccessful, but seeing Drew reach on a single and make an aggressive move on the base paths is a good sign for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.