Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 11:24 pm
Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee having a different summer league experience
A year ago he was playing in Orlando as a member of the Indiana Pacers. He was very much an unknown entity, having appeared in just 14 games the season before.
But now Plumlee is in Vegas as a member of the Phoenix Suns. He appeared in 80 games last season -- with 79 starts -- and averaged 8.1 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.
Like everyone else in Sin City (at least those playing basketball), the 25-year-old is there to improve his game.
"I feel like I just understand the game more, especially from a post perspective, I'm more polished," he told Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday when asked where he's at this year compared to last. "I know I've kind of had a rough start here offensively but that's what summer league is for."
Through three games, Plumlee is averaging 8 points, 10.7 rebounds and one assist per game. The center says he's trying to be more of a playmaker out of the post, which is made a bit more difficult due to the unfamiliarity with many of his teammates.
But that's the reality of this time of the year, and Plumlee isn't letting that stunt his own personal growth. He says there's plenty of room for him to improve, starting with getting better at the things he's already good at.
"I'm always having my hands up when I'm rolling, really sealing, getting more easy points," he said. "You've got to fill up your stats with duck-ins as a big guy, running the floor, sealing early.
"They can't all be tough post-ISOs."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni