Warren requires stitches, but short-handed Suns overcome Bucks late
On the same day former first-round pick Alex Len was ruled out for the rest of the exhibition series, Phoenix's top selection from last month's draft, small forward T.J. Warren, got bit by the injury bug as well.
Warren was limited to just seven minutes of action in the first half Sunday, as an untimely collision forced his early exit. The former North Carolina State product received four stitches above his right eye and was kept on the bench for the final 20 minutes for precautionary reasons.
Without Len and Warren, the short-handed Suns struggled to keep pace with the Milwaukee Bucks following halftime.
But after getting outscored 26-11 in the third quarter, Phoenix came alive in the final frame.
Seth Curry led Phoenix with a game-high 26 points -- including 5-of-7 from beyond the three-point arc -- off the bench, Archie Goodwin pitched in with 17 points and fill-in starter Elias Harris was active at both ends -- scoring 14 points, while limiting the league's No. 2 overall pick, Jabari Parker, to a 4-for-15 shooting night.
In the end, the trio's contributions and a late 15-0 run proved to be enough, as the Suns outlasted the Bucks 93-82.
With the win, Mike Longabardi's squad improved to 1-1 in Summer League play.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.