Updated Jul 8, 2014 - 4:25 pm
ESPN insider: Suns have assets to offer but maintain slim chance of landing LeBron James
"If you're the Suns, the plan from the beginning should have been flexibility and get better at the same time," Elhassan told Bickley and Marotta Tuesday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Chasing after LeBron, while it's nice and makes great headlines, I don't think it's realistic."
Although the Suns may not be a legitimate contender for the superstar's services, Elhassan mentioned that Phoenix has a distinct advantage in two areas: a relationship with James' agent and the potential to help the four-time MVP remain healthy.
"Eric Bledsoe is represented by Rich Paul, Rich Paul is also the agent for LeBron James so this gives them an opportunity to have a direct line to the guy who is taking all the auditions since LeBron isn't meeting with anybody," Elhassan said.
He also added that James isn't getting any younger, and if the Suns make a pitch about their exceptional training staff, it could turn his eyes to Phoenix as a possible landing spot.
But even with those two assets, Elhassan believes the Suns will fall short in convincing James to come to Phoenix.
"They have a very interesting in," Elhassan said. "I don't think it's enough, but it is something that separates you from the pack."
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.