Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 6:14 pm
Channing Frye as a Phoenix Sun: By the Numbers
Frye prepped locally at Saint Mary's High School before attending the University of Arizona. He was drafted with the eighth overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft by the New York Knicks and spent two years there. He was traded to the Portland Trail Blazers during the 2007 NBA Draft and played two seasons there before landing back in Phoenix. Here is a quick look at Frye's time with the Suns, by the numbers.
The amount Frye's two-year deal with the Suns that he signed on July 13, 2009 as an unrestricted free agent. He would sign a 5-year, $30 million extension a year later but opted out of his contract on Jun. 23, 2014.
The total number of three pointers Frye took in his four years in the NBA prior to joining the Suns. He attempted 1,526 in Phoenix.
The number of three-pointers Frye made in Phoenix after draining just 20 in his fist four seasons in the NBA.
Games Frye played during the 2012-13 season when he sat out with an enlarged heart.
Games Frye played during the 2013-14 season. He averaged 11.1 points and 4.2 rebounds per game last season.
Frye's points per game average during the Suns 2009-10 playoff run. He averaged 11.4 points per game during the five seasons he played in Phoenix.
The total number of minutes Frye played in a Suns uniform.
Frye's free throw percentage as a Sun.
Sam Perkins was the last center invited to participate in the three-point shootout in 1997 before Frye made an appearance in 2010.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.