Updated Jul 6, 2014 - 7:42 pm
The Pulse: Fans believe Phoenix Suns will get a sit-down meeting with LeBron James
Our most recent poll had to do with whether our readers believed the Phoenix Suns would be one of the teams to get a sit-down meeting with free agent superstar LeBron James.
Before we get into the results, let's make sure we're on the same page with what the question implies.
Suns owner Robert Sarver has reportedly already met with James' agent, Rich Paul, in Cleveland, as have representatives from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports said on Twitter Thursday that three finalists could return to Cleveland this coming week to meet with Paul, only this time with the four-time MVP present as well. It's also reasonable to assume that the Miami Heat will be privileged to talk to James about where he'll play next, whether he needs them to meet him in Cleveland or not.
So, will the Suns be one of those clubs to score a meeting with "The King" himself?
Our readers strongly believe so, as 56 percent of the 766 people who voted chose the option, "Yes, he'd be foolish not to meet with Phoenix."
The second-most popular option was, "Maybe, but it won't matter. He's staying with Miami," with nearly a quarter of voters clicking that answer.
A close third, and the final option, was, "No, it's time to move on from the pipe dream," with 21 percent of voters skeptical that the hometown team will get the time of day from the two-time NBA champion small forward.
Phoenix certainly has the cap space to make James a generous offer, but it remains to be seen if the direction of the team and the market in which we reside are to his liking.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.