Report: Teams trying to acquire Suns forward P.J. Tucker via sign-and-trade
According to Yahoo! Sports' Mark J. Spears, unnamed teams currently seeking Tucker's services are hesitant about making any type of offer, because the widespread belief is that the Phoenix Suns will be quick to match it.
To combat that issue, however, Spears added that some teams have already reached out to the Suns with the intention of acquiring the 29-year-old via a sign-and-trade deal.
In his second full NBA season, Tucker averaged career-highs in points (9.4), rebounds (6.5), assists (1.7) and steals (1.4) per game, while also establishing himself as one of the league's elite perimeter defenders.
If he has his way, though, Tucker sounds like a man who wants to return to the Suns in 2014-15.
"I love Phoenix, and I hope to be back in Phoenix," Tucker told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Burns and Gambo on June 12. "Phoenix has been my home the last two years, and it's been awesome. I love everybody in the organization -- top to bottom. (The) front office has been great, and they've shown me so much love. So, it's always near and dear."
For his services last season, the two-time Majerle Hustle Award-winner made just under $900,000.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.