Updated Jul 3, 2014 - 3:17 pm
Phoenix Suns meet with free agent center Spencer Hawes
Source: #Suns planning to meet with free agent center Spencer Hawes; in town for a visit today— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) July 3, 2014
Hawes finished out the 2013-14 season with the Cleveland Cavaliers after being traded from Philadelphia, where he had spent the previous three-and-a-half years. Last year was perhaps his best as a pro, as he posted 13.2 points and 8.3 rebounds per contest in 53 outings with the 76ers and 27 with the Cavs.
The 7-foot-1 big man also developed a reliable outside shot last season, converting 41.6 percent of his three-point attempts. His 128 makes from behind the long line were more than his career total prior to the season.
The seven-year veteran turned 26 in April, and he has put up numbers of 9.7 points, 6.4 rebounds and 46.5 percent field-goal shooting in 24.9 minutes per game in his career.
Hawes, a Washington product originally drafted by Sacramento, is an unrestricted free agent after finishing a two-year, $13.1 million contract that he signed with Philadelphia prior to the 2012-13 campaign.
The 2007 first-round draft pick has reportedly also drawn interest from the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers -- as well as one of his old teams, the 76ers.
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- P.J. Tucker and cash deserved
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.