Updated Jul 3, 2014 - 3:17 pm
Phoenix Suns meet with free agent center Spencer Hawes
Source: #Suns planning to meet with free agent center Spencer Hawes; in town for a visit today— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) July 3, 2014
Hawes finished out the 2013-14 season with the Cleveland Cavaliers after being traded from Philadelphia, where he had spent the previous three-and-a-half years. Last year was perhaps his best as a pro, as he posted 13.2 points and 8.3 rebounds per contest in 53 outings with the 76ers and 27 with the Cavs.
The 7-foot-1 big man also developed a reliable outside shot last season, converting 41.6 percent of his three-point attempts. His 128 makes from behind the long line were more than his career total prior to the season.
The seven-year veteran turned 26 in April, and he has put up numbers of 9.7 points, 6.4 rebounds and 46.5 percent field-goal shooting in 24.9 minutes per game in his career.
Hawes, a Washington product originally drafted by Sacramento, is an unrestricted free agent after finishing a two-year, $13.1 million contract that he signed with Philadelphia prior to the 2012-13 campaign.
The 2007 first-round draft pick has reportedly also drawn interest from the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers -- as well as one of his old teams, the 76ers.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.