Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 12:55 pm
Phoenix Suns announce Summer League roster
The team released its roster, and it includes four first-round picks from the last two NBA Drafts in Alex Len, Archie Goodwin, T.J. Warren and Tyler Ennis, as well as Miles Plumlee.
The Summer Suns will also have guards David Stockton, Elias Harris, Seth Curry, Dionte Christmas and Taylor Braun, along with forward Alex Oriakhi and center Alec Brown.
The Suns' 12-man summer league roster features six rookies and five second-year players. Plumlee is the only player with significant NBA experience. He started 79 games for the Suns last season and averaged 8.1 points and 7.8 rebounds.
Len, the No. 5 pick in 2013, appeared in just 42 games during his rookie season, averaging 8.6 minutes and 2.0 points.
The 19-year-old Goodwin scored 3.7 points on 45.5 shooting in 10.3 minutes last season with the Suns.
The Suns can only hope Stockton, son of Hall of Fame point guard John Stockton, and Curry, brother of Warriors point guard Stpehen Curry, have the same basketball genes as their family members.
Stockton spent five seasons at Gonzaga, becoming a full-time starter in the fifth. Curry also was a five-year college player, starting out at Liberty before becoming teammates with Plumlee at Duke.
Harris played collegiality at Gonzaga, where he was a four-year teammate with Stockton. He averaged 13.8 points and 7.3 rebounds with the Bulldogs.
Christmas, 27, is the oldest player on the Suns' summer roster. Although most of Christmas' professional experience has come overseas, he played in 31 games with the Suns last season.
The team will be coached by Suns assistant Mike Longabardi, and its first game will be played on Saturday, July 12, against the Golden State Warriors.
Prior to leaving for Vegas, the Suns will hold six practices from July 8-10 at the US Airways Center.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.