Updated Jun 30, 2014 - 5:04 pm
Gambadoro: Suns will move on quickly if they don't hear from LeBron James
"They'll wait 24 to 48 hours, and if they don't hear back they'll move on," Gambadoro told the Burns and Gambo show Monday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "They're not going to wait five days to maybe end up with nothing because other free agents are going to end up elsewhere."
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday that the Suns are planning to put the full-court press on James to try and lure him to Phoenix when free agency begins Tuesday. Gambadoro added that James is probably staying put in Miami, but the situation there isn't ideal either.
"All indications, even the Suns believe, he is likely headed back to Miami based on the fact that Bosh and Wade opted out," Gambadoro said. " The belief is that if all three guys go back, even if they take less money they are still not going to have enough money to really do anything."
Besides the salary cap and roster issues in Miami, Gambadoro mentioned that part of the Suns' pitch to James needs to include that that the future of professional basketball in the Valley is bright.
"When you start to look at situations and what the best situation is to win? Man this (Phoenix) is a really good situation," Gambadoro said. " Nobody can deny that."
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.