Updated Jun 30, 2014 - 5:04 pm
Gambadoro: Suns will move on quickly if they don't hear from LeBron James
"They'll wait 24 to 48 hours, and if they don't hear back they'll move on," Gambadoro told the Burns and Gambo show Monday afternoon on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "They're not going to wait five days to maybe end up with nothing because other free agents are going to end up elsewhere."
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday that the Suns are planning to put the full-court press on James to try and lure him to Phoenix when free agency begins Tuesday. Gambadoro added that James is probably staying put in Miami, but the situation there isn't ideal either.
"All indications, even the Suns believe, he is likely headed back to Miami based on the fact that Bosh and Wade opted out," Gambadoro said. " The belief is that if all three guys go back, even if they take less money they are still not going to have enough money to really do anything."
Besides the salary cap and roster issues in Miami, Gambadoro mentioned that part of the Suns' pitch to James needs to include that that the future of professional basketball in the Valley is bright.
"When you start to look at situations and what the best situation is to win? Man this (Phoenix) is a really good situation," Gambadoro said. " Nobody can deny that."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.