Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 4:43 pm
Channing Frye leaves Phoenix Suns for Orlando Magic
Frye, 31, agreed to a four-year deal with the Orlando Magic for $32 million, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.
Frye missed the entire 2012-13 season with an enlarged heart, but returned to form in 2013-14, starting all 82 games and averaging 11.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.0 three-pointers. He had a player option to opt-out of the final year of his contract, which he decided to exercise in order to become a free agent.
In five seasons with the Suns, Frye averaged 11.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.2 three-pointers.
Thank you for everything Suns fans. These last years have been the unbelievable. I will always appreciate ever minute in the Suns Uni.— Channing Frye (@Channing_Frye) July 7, 2014
Frye reinvented himself with the Suns by developing a three-point shot. Before arriving in Phoenix, 3.4 percent of his field goal attempts were three-pointers compared to 52.2 percent with the Suns.
Frye was the No. 8 overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. He spent two seasons in Portland and New York before signing with the Suns in 2009.
He graduated from St. Mary's High School in Phoenix and played college basketball at Arizona.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.