Updated Jun 29, 2014 - 8:11 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns to make substantial offer to Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward
According to the Deseret News' Jody Genessy, the Suns are expected to make a significant offer, possibly even of the max contract variety, to land Utah Jazz small forward Gordon Hayward, who is a restricted free agent.
The third-year pro out of Butler averaged 16.2 points, 5.2 assists and 5.1 rebounds per game last season, and Genessy noted that any offer made to Hayward would likely be matched by the Jazz.
If the Suns have anything on their side when it comes to the courtship of Hayward, it might just be his relationship with head coach Jeff Hornacek.
During parts Hayward's first three years in the league, Hornacek served as an assistant under Tyrone Corbin.
In addition to the Suns, Genessy added that the Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets could be interested in Hayward's services.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.