Updated Jun 26, 2014 - 10:10 pm
Suns take Serbian guard Bogdan Bogdanovic with the No. 27 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft
With the No. 27 pick, the Suns took Serbian guard Bogdan Bogdanovic.
The 6-foot-6 guard has played the last two seasons in the Euroleague with Partizan Belgrade.
In 2013-14, Bogdanovic averaged 14.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists with Partizan.
For his efforts, the newest Sun was named the 2014 Euroleague Rising Star.
"Bogdan Bogdanovic is one of the top young players in Europe," Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said Thursday. "He's about 6-foot-6 with good strength. He's very productive in the Adriatic League and the Euroleague, as well.
"He's a fairly proven commodity for a 22-year-old player. We anticipate he'll return to Europe and play for Partizan in Belgrade, Serbia."
While Bogdanovic is not expected to suit up for the Suns in 2014-15, McDonough added that the team will retain his rights.
"We feel he has a good chance to be an NBA rotation player sometime down the road," said McDonough.
Since it's inception in 1968, Phoenix had never made three first round selections.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.