Updated Jun 26, 2014 - 2:05 pm
Suns have history with mid-first-round picks
Here's a brief look back at what the Suns have done with these picks and how they panned out in the NBA:
2008: 15th pick - Robin Lopez
Lopez spent four seasons in Phoenix. He played sparingly in his rookie year backing up Shaquille O'Neal. His second season was his most successful in when he averaged 8.4 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
Injuries were an issue for Lopez throughout his time in Phoenix. He backed up Marcin Gortat and averaged 5.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game in his final season with the team. Phoenix traded Lopez to New Orleans and received Wesley Johnson and a future first round pick from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a three team deal.
2009: 14th pick - Earl Clark
Clark never started for the Suns, playing in 51 games for Phoenix before he was sent to the D-league in March 2010. Clark was shipped off to the Orlando Magic with Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu in exchange for Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first round pick and $3 million in cash. He averaged 2.7 points and 0.4 assists per game during his time in Phoenix.
2011: 13th pick - Markieff Morris
Morris has steadily improved in his three seasons with the Suns so far, backing up Channing Frye. Morris started seven games his rookie year, averaging 7.4 points per game. He started 32 games in 2012-13 with 8.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. The former Kansas Jayhawk had his best season for the Suns last season, although he didn't start a game, he averaged 13.8 points and six rebounds.
2012: 13th pick Kendall Marshall
Marshall split time between the NBA and the D-league in his one season in Phoenix. He played in 48 games for the Suns, starting in three contests, and averaged three points and three assists per game.
The Suns traded Marshall, Shannon Brown, Malcom Lee and Gortat to the Washington Wizards for Emeka Okafor and a pick that ended up being No. 18 overall in Thursday's draft.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.