Updated Jun 25, 2014 - 1:41 pm
LeBron James to the Phoenix Suns? Here's why it should happen
OK, maybe they aren't. In fact, they're probably not.
But since The King decided to opt out of his contract with the Miami Heat, he will become a free agent and thus be able to sign with whatever team he chooses, which could be the Suns! Is it really an unreasonable thought?
Shoot, folks over at USA Today and Grantland think it's a good idea, and we agree, especially after seeing how comfortable he looked at the US Airways Center while putting on this impressive display during a Miami Heat practice. Who was he showing off for? The Suns, perhaps?
Until he signs with a team that isn't the Phoenix Suns, we're going to assume he might decide that's who he wants to play for. And in case he's waffling on this decision (see what we did there?), here are some of the top reasons for the two-time NBA champion and four-time NBA MVP to come to Phoenix.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni