The Pulse: Phoenix Suns unlikely to land big-name free agent at PF
On Sunday, we asked you which big-name free agent at power forward the Phoenix Suns should attempt to sign should they be unable to trade for Kevin Love.
More than 850 votes were submitted, and the results' show that fans don't have much faith in the Suns' ability to lure a big-name free agent to the desert -- at least not yet.
A majority 28 percent of the 886 votes said the Suns don't have a shot with any of the options -- which were Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph and Pau Gasol.
Randolph was the next-most popular choice with 20 percent of the vote, while Monroe and Gasol both received 18 percent. Bosh earned just 10 percent while Nowitzki received just 6 percent of the votes.
The Suns were linked to Gasol in possible trade talks during the season, but Phoenix elected to not pursue Gasol as a possible half-season rental player. Randolph scored 17.4 points per game to go along with 10.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists in his 13th NBA season last year.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni