Channing Frye officially opts out of final year of Phoenix Suns contract
The Phoenix Suns forward officially opted out of the final year of his contract Monday, forgoing one year at $6.8 million to take his chances in free agency.
Frye is coming off a season in which he started all 82 games and averaged 11.1 points to go along with 5.1 rebounds per contest.
It was an impressive bounce-back effort from the former Arizona Wildcat, as he missed the entire 2012-13 campaign due to an enlarged heart.
Now 31, the 6-foot-11 player with a knack for hitting threes is looking to parlay his unique skill set into a long-term contract.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.