Channing Frye officially opts out of final year of Phoenix Suns contract
The Phoenix Suns forward officially opted out of the final year of his contract Monday, forgoing one year at $6.8 million to take his chances in free agency.
Frye is coming off a season in which he started all 82 games and averaged 11.1 points to go along with 5.1 rebounds per contest.
It was an impressive bounce-back effort from the former Arizona Wildcat, as he missed the entire 2012-13 campaign due to an enlarged heart.
Now 31, the 6-foot-11 player with a knack for hitting threes is looking to parlay his unique skill set into a long-term contract.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.