Updated Jun 23, 2014 - 11:05 am
Report: Suns forward Channing Frye likely to choose free agency
ESPN's Marc Stein tweeted Sunday that forward Channing Frye is "99 percent" going to choose free agency on Monday, which is the deadline for him to decide if he wants to play next season in Phoenix for $6.8 million or opt out of his contract.
Suns' Channing Frye has 'til Monday to decide to play next season at $6.8 mil w/PHX or opt out. Source: "99 percent" he chooses free agency— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 22, 2014
Frye averaged 11.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists last season in his return from missing all of the previous season with heart issues. Over his career, Frye has averaged 9.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and an assist.
Frye has spent the last five seasons with the Suns after being selected by the New York Knicks in 2005 out of the University of Arizona. He then played for the Portland Trailblazers for two seasons before heading to the desert.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.