SBNation NBA writer: Suns guard Eric Bledsoe fourth-best free agent on the market
From LeBron James to Carmelo Anthony to Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitzki, there will be no shortage of intrigue this summer when it comes to the league's household names -- restricted and unrestricted.
But in his ranking of the 75 free agents this year, SBNation NBA writer Tom Ziller included a name toward the top of the list that lacks nationwide notoriety.
Despite being limited to just 43 games in 2013-14, Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe came in at number four on Ziller's list -- sandwiched between Anthony and Dwyane Wade.
Bledsoe, a restricted free agent come July 1, averaged career highs in points (17.7), assists (5.5), rebounds (4.7) and steals (1.6) per game with Phoenix.
Acquired in a three-way deal with the Los Angeles Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks in July 2013, Bledsoe can sign an offer sheet with any team seeking his services, but ultimately the Suns have the ability to match any deal.
The question is how much money will Bledsoe be offered on the open market?
GM Ryan McDonough is doing the whole "we're keeping him, no doubt about it" signal to scare off other teams, and it's worth noting that Bledsoe is a player he brought to the team. He's likely not bluffing.
It's pretty clear that it will cost the Suns a max deal to keep him, so we could very well see a quiet agreement reached on July 1. Is Bledsoe worth that? Probably, but that's what we'll find out over the next five years.
In 2013-14, the final year of his four-year rookie contract, Bledsoe made $2.6 million.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.