ESPN's Katz: Phoenix Suns don't need to take on three young contracts
The team's first selection in the 2014 NBA draft comes at No. 14, with additional picks at No. 18 and No. 27, though they may not want to stockpile the roster with inexperienced players.
"They were in the preseason looked at as one of those teams that you wonder whether they were going to tank or not," ESPN college basketball insider Andy Katz said Wednesday on the Doug and Wolf show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "They're on the upswing and they don't necessarily need to take on three young contracts."
With that in mind, the Suns may use these picks in a trade, which Suns general manager Ryan McDonough hinted at when he said it's "unlikely" the team would add three rookies to the roster.
"I wouldn't be surprised if they can make a move to add another veteran to help them get over the top and just win a couple more games to be in the playoffs," Katz said.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.