Hornacek: Stars separate playoff teams from Suns
When asked what separates playoff teams from the Suns during the Doug and Wolf show on Arizona Sports 98.7, coach Jeff Hornacek said "stars" were the difference.
"All these teams have perennial all-stars," Hornacek said. "We're trying to find those guys. We're trying to develop some of them. We've got a couple guys on the team that might take that next step."
The Suns didn't have an all-star in the 2013-2014 season, but guard Goran Dragic possesses that potential after being named the NBA's Most Improved Player. Dragic scored a career-high 20.3 points per game last season and had 5.9 assists.
Teammate Eric Bledsoe flashed signs of promise as well, scoring 17.7 points and 5.5 assists in 43 games. The Suns still need to focus on re-signing Bledsoe, who is a restricted free agent.
"Most of these teams have one main guy that you can go to all the time when things (are) on the line and have them either make the shot or make a great play," Hornacek said. "We'll find that guy and we'll try to develop (him). We have some promising guys, Goran and Eric and maybe Markieff (Morris)."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.