Report: Phoenix Suns interested in trade for Kevin Love
Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears tweeted Saturday that the Suns are interested in acquiring Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love -- and those picks comprise one of their best chances of landing the star, as does each member of their talented starting backcourt.
Suns interested in Love deal w/best assets Dragic, Bledsoe & picks.NBA sources say it will take full max deal to control free agent Bledsoe.— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) June 7, 2014
Spears tweeted that two members of the Suns' talented backcourt in Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe could also be possible trade chips. Bledsoe is a restricted free agent this offseason, and the Suns can match an offer made to the guard, though Spears' says he will likely command a maximum contract.
The Suns own four picks in the upcoming draft, three of which are in the first round.
Love scored 26.1 points per game to go along with 12.5 rebounds and 4.4 assists last season. Dragic scored 20.3 points per game to go along with 5.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds while Bledsoe averaged 17.7 points, 5.5 assists and 4.76 rebounds in his first season in the desert.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.