Goran Dragic to participate in 2014 FIBA World Cup
The point guard made official his intentions to play for the Slovenian National Team at the 2014 FIBA World Cup in a press conference Tuesday.
In a press release run through Google Translate, it appears Dragic took his health and the Suns' wishes into account, informing the NBA squad of his intentions before making the official announcement Tuesday.
"This year's NBA season in Phoenix Suns basketball team was both physically and mentally very tough, while I was still plagued by problems with a damaged ankle," Dragic said. "Initially, I really wanted to take the time just to rehabilitation and family, but I've only after one month break, gather strength and easier to take a final decision. Similarly, all the inquiries that I have done recently showed that I'm in perfect physical shape just in time World Cup. Great honor to represent the Slovenian colors and Spain fans unite for mutual success Slovenian national team."
The 28-year-old Dragic is coming off a season in which he averaged 20.3 points, 5.9 assists and 3.2 rebounds. He battled through various injuries to play in 76 games, but was visibly worn down toward the end of the season.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.