Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 11:07 am
Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
Tuesday, Jeff Hornacek finished second in the NBA Coach of the Year voting.
Wednesday, guard Goran Dragic was named the league's Most Improved Player.
And Thursday, forward Channing Frye finished third in the NBA Sportsmanship Award voting, with Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley winning the award. Frye received a total of 1,971 points, just 56 points out of second place.
The NBA will make a $10,000 donation on behalf of Conley to his charity of choice, the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, specifically for research pertaining to sickle cell anemia.
Frye was the Pacific Division's winner and one of six finalaists, including Boston's Jeff Green (Atlantic), Chicago's Mike Dunleavy (Central), Portland's Damian Lillard (Northwest) and Washington's Bradley Beal (Southeast).
The league will make a $5,000 donation to the Frye Family Foundation on behalf of the Suns veteran.
The award is voted on by NBA players.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.